for this Anniversary build we were mainly focusing on expanding the Gardening mechanic with: grass Trimming, Cultivating the ground and making Soil. There are new plants: Carrot and Corn. There are new tools: Crude Shovel, Composter and collectible Old Sickle. The building mechanic was expanded with new Half doors and new Railings. The Stamina and tool Damage mechanic was balanced a little. There are Pirate Ships cruising the Ocean and a large bunch of issues was fixed too.
The gardening mechanic has been expanded and it is now possible to Cultivate the ground by using the new craftable Crude Shovel. It is possible only on spots where no grass is growing. After the field is completely cultivated it is ready to receive seeds or plants to grow.
The Grass can be Trimmed also with bare Hands now – but it needs more hits than a collectible Old Sickle.
The new Carrot plant increases the food variety and brings some new Cook recipes too.
The new Corn plant provides only some limited usage of the Fruit (Cooked and Boiled Corn). The Stalks, Cobs and Leaves will be used in later game updates.
The Composter expands the gardening mechanic in a new way and besides generating Soil for Plants it works well for getting rid of the Spoiled Meal too. The added materials are transforming slowly into Soil – the speed is the fastest when all the 3 material types (brown – sand, green – leaves and sticks, bio – fruit, meal) are added in equal amounts.
The new Railings, Half Doors and the corresponding Half Wall build modules bring more variety to the Building design.
The Stamina mechanic (while running and hitting) and the Tool Damage values during degradation were also balanced a little and now depend also on the difficulty setting.
Pirate Ships are cruising the ocean between islands every couple of days. They stop and anchor by some islands and leave there a chest with valuables. It is not advised to come near or chase them at all – they shoot and destroy everything that comes in their way. It is possible to turn this feature off in the Custom game screen.
Changelog: (* needs new game)
- Trim grass
- Collectible Old Sickle*
- Cultivate ground
- Crude Shovel
- Carrot plant*
- Carrot fruit*
- Corn Plant*
- Corn fruit*
- New Cook recipes
- Soiling mechanic
- Half doors
- Cruising Pirate ships
- Added: Main menu button sounds
- Added: Displaying Candle/Lantern remaining count in the Aim UI
- Added: new Cook Recipe icons
- Changed: Stamina balanced and depends on the difficulty setting
- Changed: Tool damage balanced and depends on the difficulty setting
- Fixed: Not spawning/appearing Cook Recipe Blueprint object when crafting
- Fixed: Not colored CookingPot in crafted Cook Recipes
- Fixed: Not removing Ingredients from Hand when adding to Recipe Blueprints of CookingPot recipes
- Fixed: Sometimes not loading objects (and in very rare situation the game crashes) due to Time rounding issues before previous save
- Added: Workaround for not crash (only log the issue to logfile and not show the object) after Load in case of bad Branch/Stick position in TrunkHolder before previous save
- Added: Workaround for not crash (only log the issue to logfile and not show the object) after Load in case of bad position of Rafts/Canoes/Objects before previous save
- Fixed: Sometimes bad attaching rope position after save/load when the object is attached not on its bottom side
- Fixed: Not able to drop the Paddle from hands and not working shortcuts after exiting the Canoe
- Fixed: Possibility to open ingame Build/Craft/Journal/Inventory screen while Using the Map
- Fixed: Possibility to open ingame Quick Build/Craft and Quick Select screen while Using the Map
- Fixed: Tool from Toolbelt regaining original Wear/Quality values when put back to Toolbelt (making the tool not degrading over time)
- Fixed: The lowest line (Durability/Vitamin C) in Inventory Detail section always shown – even when not needed
- Fixed: Zero Inventory Volume value for Sealed Jar
- Fixed: Zero Inventory Volume and Weight values for Old Compass
- Fixed: Zero Inventory Volume and Weight values for Map
- Fixed: Remaining part of boiled Lvl. 2 recipe filled to Sealed Jar acted as only Water and not the actual boiled Meal
- Fixed: Lost nutritious values of boiled Meal when filled in waterholder and later acts as only Water
- Fixed: Multiple Equipped objects left in Hand after exiting to Main Menu and starting new game or loading another game
- Fixed: Not Re-equipping to Hand from Inventory another identical item to actually Dropped one when it is spoiling fast (and have only Hand animation as it was holding something)
- Fixed: Not Re-equipping to Hand from Inventory another identical item to actually one Put to recipe blueprint when it is spoiling fast (and have only Hand animation as it was holding something)
- Fixed: Not hiding of Hint Notify when any of the Ingame screens is shown
- Fixed: Not intended possibility to quit to Main menu when Map is still opened and Start/Load another game with messed up hand animations
- Fixed: Sometimes spoiling of Salt in Barrels and Bottles (applies only to salt water cooked after this hotfix)
- Fixed: The Cut Coconut spawns in not correct upward rotation (with the open top up)
- Fixed: Dropped Coconuts (Brown and Green) rolling almost unstoppable
- Fixed: Dropped Papayas rolling almost unstoppable
- Fixed: Canoe ‘Jumping’ away when released/dropped from Drag operation
- Fixed: Easy pushing of Canoe (just crafted or loaded) placed on ground
- Fixed: Not Draggable Coconuts (Green and Brown) dropped from destroyed Palm Fronds
- Changed: More correct Mass for Small Crate (crafted and collectible), Small Chest and Medium Chest
- Fixed: Not Draggable Banana Palm Trunk (the shorter one) after Save/load
- Fixed: Not Hitable/Destroyable Banana Palm Trunk (the longer one) after Save/load
- Fixed: Not Draggable Banana Stem after Save/load
- Fixed: Banana Stem marked/shown as Salted after save/load (fix effective for newly cut down Banana Stem)
- Fixed: Not able to Drag any object when standing on Canoe
- Fixed: Transparent holes in bottom part of Banana Palm Trunk (long and short ones)
- Fixed: Sometimes messed up Inventory mechanic when trying to move a No-Tool to Toolbelt
- Fixed: Old Knife’s length continuously increasing by every Drop from hand
- Fixed: Sometimes messed up Inventory mechanic when:
- Stashing the actually Equipped Tool from Toolbelt when moving an Item to Hand
- Removing the actually Equipped Tool from Toolbelt when moving the Tool from Hand
- Stashing the actually Equipped Tool from Toolbelt when moving a Tool to the actually equipped Slot in Toolbelt
- Stashing the actually Equipped Tool from Toolbelt when moving the Tool from the actually equipped Slot in Toolbelt
- Changed: Bigger ‘Aim text’ font size
- Fixed: Not enough width of the ‘Aim text’ background box when:
- aiming at Edible object
- aiming at Destructable object
- aiming at Repairable object
- aiming at Cooked object
For the next update we plan to work on upgrading/reworking of the ingame Map UI. The additional plans include also the Old Telescope, Old Pistol, Spear, Smoker, new Island generator, Ponds, Dolphins, Simple Quests, Building modules aging … We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.