for this update we were mainly focusing on adding the Sextant and using it in the Local Map. The Old Pocket Watch and Sundial helps the more precise mapping. Ripened fruits fall to the ground and Water holder objects have gotten dynamic weight. A couple of issues were fixed too.
The Sextant has been finally added and enabled to use in the Local Map. It offers faster position measuring than the Triangulation does – of course after learning its basics which are described in detail in the in-game help pages and hint screens. To make the use of the Sextant in a more simple way, the game offers the best accurate measuring around Noon. Noon time can be more or less accurately determined by crafting and using a Sundial.
The Sundial is the most simple and oldest tool for measuring the time. It can be crafted anywhere on the ground and besides 1 Branch as the time passes it needs Tiny or Small Rocks to be added to the endpoints of the branches shadow. It is possible to pick up the unnecessary Rocks from it again. When the shadow is not shortening anymore and slowly begins to grow it is the the moment of right noon.
The Old Pocket Watch can be set also based on the Sundial and can be used in the game as a time reference. It can get inaccurate after a couple of days, therefore it needs to be reset periodically – best around Noon.
The Old Pocket Watch and the Sextant can be found in a chest on some shipwreck – the location can be found written on a paper piece in a chest on the island to which the Stone arrow on the starting island is aiming to.
The Fruit Ripening & Regrow mechanic have gotten a nice update – a portion of the fully ripened fruit now falls to the ground. Fruit fallen lays untouched for a couple of days and after that disappears. During that interval they are slowly spoiling as the other fruits do. This change gives more realism and slightly more fruit available for the player to survive.
The water holder objects now are weight based on the amount of the liquid contained. The savegame backwards compatibility engine has been fine tuned too so some of the older save games won’t force the game to freeze at loading/starting.
Changelog : (* needs new game)
01. Added: Sundial
02. Added: Old Sextant*
03. Added: Old Pocket Watch*
04. Added: Old Compass
05. Added: Tiny Rock
06. Added: Human Skeleton*
07. Added: Paper Piece*
01. Added: WaterHolders are weight based on the amount of liquid in them
02. Added: Additional Navigation Pockets for Sextant and Telescope in Inventory screen
03. Added: Hint for Sextant
04. Added: Hint for Compass
05. Added: Hint for Pocket Watch
06. Added: Hint for Sundial
07. Added: Help screen for Sundial
08. Added: Custom animation for hitting with Old Iron Axe
09. Added: Functionality to Check and invalidate the SaveFile based on more parameters
01. Fixed: Palm Frond not spawning when cut down from Young Banana Tree
02. Fixed: Game freezing during loading when there were coconuts on the fronds after fronds was cut down
03. Fixed: Rudder incorrectly moved with left/right buttons instead of Rotate left/Rotate right buttons in SailingUI
04. Fixed: Sail incorrectly rotated with Rotate left/Rotate right buttons instead of left/right buttons in SailingUI
05. Fixed: Incorrect hotkey displayed for Rudder rotation (the Sail ones) in SailingUI
06. Fixed: Incorrect hotkey displayed for Sail rotation (the Rudder ones) in SailingUI
07. Fixed: Incorrect functionality for Sail Up/Down in SailingUI
08. Fixed: Sail left/Right hotkeys not hidden in beginner and Up levels in SailingUI
09. Fixed: Incorrect button functionality for Sail Up/Down during Sail mode for controllers
10. Fixed: Incorrect button functionality for Sail Left/Right during Sail mode for controllers
11. Fixed: Incorrect button functionality for Rudder Center during Steering mode for controllers
12. Fixed: Incorrect button functionality for Rudder Left/Right during Steering mode for controllers
13. Fixed: Possibility to turn on Sail or Steering mode while SailingUI enabled
14. Fixed: Still displayed Sailing hotkeys after another game start
15. Fixed: Still displayed Steering hotkeys after another game start
For the next update we plan to work on raft building mechanic issues some more and to continue to work on the map UI with higher priority. The additional plans include also the Old Telescope, Spear, Smoker, Dolphins, Simple Quests, Building modules aging … We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.