the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 32’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on giving a new, more modern look to our game. There is a new Lighting and Volumetric Clouds system. The new Storm mechanic is unique on its own and more realistic. There is a new Sail, Lantern, Trunk build modules and couple of issues were fixed too.
The new Lighting and Volumetric Cloud system brings a whole new immersion level to the game and the implemented Storm cloud mechanic is fully customizable. Inside storm areas waves between islands are even bigger but still realistic. It will be a whole new experience trying to escape a Storm approaching fast from some direction when you are out on the ocean! An important, new feature is that rain is not falling vertically only but will come down in an angle depending on wind strength. It won’t be enough to have only 1 roof above the Campfire or the Drier anymore. The list of possible weather profiles will be expanded in the future as we will introduce some new weather elements/behaviour.
With this update a new mechanic for different liquid types was introduced. The first one added from the future list of liquid types is simple Oil. Oil can be found in some collectible bottles for now. It won’t be possible to mix the different liquid types together.
The new Lantern is weather-proof and needs oil to burn. Candles are sensitive to weather elements and are easily extinguished by wind or rain.
The new Banana Sail has better wind catching characteristic and generates more force even in calmer Wind. The general Sail/Wind/Force parameters were tweaked so the responsiveness of bigger rafts could be improved.
01. Added: Volumetric Cloud system
02. Added: Volumetric Lighting
03. Added: Unique Storm and Cloud mechanic
03. Added: Raining under angle
04. Added: New Liquid: Oil
05. Added: Lantern
06. Added: Build modules: Stable Trunk Foundation Pillars, Stable Trunk Pillar, Stable Trunk Side-Beam Frame
07. Added: Banana sail
08. Added: Candles sensitive to weather
09. Added: Spawning fallen coconuts
01. Changed: Liquid amount is displayed in 1/10 precision
02. Added: New texture for old palm sails
03. Added: Spawning more Coconut palms on Forest type islands
04. Changed: Increased LOD distances for foliage and trees
01. Fixed: Rudder works correctly in all Wind direction/Raft orientation situations
02. Fixed: ‘Vanishing raft’ issue when dragging a Raft with not completely lowered Sails
03. Fixed: Correctly saved game data in case of Candles in Crates
04. Fixed: Correctly saved Water level of some Bottles in inventory
05. Fixed: Some internal errors when chopping Foliage
06. Fixed: Some internal issues with Inventory
07. Fixed: Inserted Rock to Campfire does not remain in hand
We will continue to concentrate more on improving gameplay and on adding more content to make our game more entertaining and longer playable. The additional plans include also the Spear, Smoker, Salt, Candle-lantern, Torch, Ship wrecks, Dolphins, Sharks … We will also work on solving new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.