the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 29’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on a new Raft system and optimizing the physics engine. There is new dry-able meat and couple of issues were fixed too.
The old Raft system was entirely re-written from scratch because with the old one it wasn’t possible to eliminate some of Unity’s features that caused the ‘disappearing and rocketing away raft’ issues. The new raft system also offers more options to tweak its physical behaviour. We will continually adjust and tweak its parameters to have the raft float and move as realistic as it can be.
The physics system was also greatly optimized to eliminate the big frame drops which were caused by a huge amount of physical bodies laying around on islands. With adding the bigger islands lately it is very easy to get thousands of physical bodies on islands – all of the fruits, coconut husks, sticks, leaves, rocks, float-able objects … With the optimizations done frames/sec jumped from ~3 to ~15 in a scene with ~2000 physical objects laying around.
Tracking down and working on the two issues described above was very time consuming so we had only a little time left to add some new models and features. We added some dry-able meat which is spawned by hitting the seagull meat with a knife. We began to work on a new save system which will feature multiple profiles and slots. We began to test a new cloud system too.
01. Added: New Raft system
02. Added: New Seagull leg meat
03. Added: New Seagull whole leg meat
01. Changed: Optimized Physics engine
02. Changed: Schefflera tree can be chopped down
01. Fixed: Banana WallHalf complete and blueprint displaying 2 missing Sticks
02. Fixed: Drinkable WaterHolders with >= 1 Water can’t be destroyed with an Axe
03. Fixed: Not showing Hit text in ActionBar when aiming at full Waterholder while holding Axe
04. Fixed: Turned off Wetness for Banana Leaves in crafted/built prefabs
05. Fixed: Turned off Wetness for Coconut Palm Leaves in crafted/built prefabs
06. Fixed: Higher collider for Roof Wood Palm to avoid clipping into simple beds halfway
07. Fixed: Reduced Leaf sizes to avoid clipping through Bed colliders
08. Fixed: Equipping item from ground when Bow is equipped is working
09. Fixed: Correctly Equipping an item from inventory via Button or Double Click when Bow is equipped
As we needed more time to work on the above features our short-term plans haven’t changed a lot. We plan to continue with checking and testing the Raft and Sailing mechanic even more. We plan to add some new features to the Bow and Arrow too. The additional plans include also the Save system, Smoker, Salt, different liquid types… Besides these new features the Animal’s AI will be still on the agenda as the new Sailing UI and the new Menu. We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.