the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 26’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding the new Collectibles mechanic, expanding the fire system, making the Banana trees chop-able with a couple of new features and there is a new Papaya tree and fruit.
The most important new feature is the Collectibles mechanic which has huge impact on gameplay making it more interesting. The basic functionality which is implemented will be expanded to a big dynamic system with a very wide variety of possible items and spawn locations. The actual implementation spawns some collectibles almost on every island. Later the system will work together with the storyline and will be influenced also by the players actions.
The newly added Candles are bringing a whole new level to the fire management and are altering the players night life in a big way – they can be used to preserve the fire or as a simple light source. The Candles can only be collected for now, later we’ll have recipes to craft them. Strong wind or rain can extinguish them – later some new features and models will be added to further expand their usability and to make protecting them against weather elements easier.
Banana trees are finally chop-able and can provide: banana leaves – used to build structures, banana stem – the bananas left on it lasts longer, banana tree trunk – will be usable also as a material in crafting and building recipes.
There is also a new Papaya tree and fruit. Only raw the Papaya fruit is edible at the moment. Drying and preparing with recipes will be added a little later.
We managed to fix some serious issues which were causing objects on islands and trees to levitate and/or to disappear from the islands when travelling to very remote islands and returning from them.
01. Added: Papaya tree
02. Added: Papaya fruit
03. Added: Chop-able banana tree
04. Added: Banana stem
05. Added: Banana leaves and trunk
06. Added: Banana leaves building tier
07. Added: Collectibles system
08. Added: Small Barrel for longer water preservation
09. Added: Small Crate
10. Added: Tankards, Bottles, Goblets
11. Added: Candles
01. Added: Opened water container objects always rotated upwards
01. Fixed: “Levitating trees” issue when travelling to remote islands after save/load
02. Fixed: “Levitating objects” issue when travelling to remote islands after save/load
03. Fixed: Chopped Palm Tree trunk last module doesn’t disappear when hitting it (when there are still Fronds)
04. Fixed: “Disappearing objects” issue when travelling to remote islands after save/load
05. Fixed: “Disappearing blueprints” issue when travelling to remote islands after save/load
06. Fixed: “Sails above masts” issue after save/load
07. Fixed: Correct differentiating between states of food items when placing from inventory
We plan to check and test the Raft and Sailing mechanic again. Issues regarding them will be solved with higher priority. We plan to work some more also on the newly introduced Collectibles system. The additional plans include also the Smoker, Bow … Besides these new features the Animal’s AI will be still on the agenda as the new Sailing UI and the new Menu. We will work also on solving the new issues and we will re-check some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing of the planned features and fixing of the issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.