the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 24’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing adding the next one of the base mechanics: The Spoiling system. Furthermore we increased the Drying rack capacity, fixed some major issues and we managed to optimize some more engine code too.
The newly added Spoiling system represents another survival mechanic that makes the gameplay more interesting. The speed of spoiling depends on the given object (banana, meat, egg, dead turtle, …), on its Cooking state (raw, cooked, dried, …), on the ambient temperature and whether it is in the shade or on the direct Sun light. To not have piles of spoiled food and animals, all of the spoiled objects can be destroyed by hitting them with the axe. Spoiled food can’t be Dried or Cooked anymore. The more food is spoiled the lower its quality will be and the benefit effect when consumed. Dead turtles and crabs with lower nutrition quality spawn meat with equally lower quality. The quality is actually indicated by a green icon in the inventory and green colored texture on the object itself – the material specific unique textures for spoiled state will be added later. In the inventory food is grouped based on 10% steps regarding quality – an egg with 85% nutrition quality will be grouped with another egg for example of 88% quality but not with the egg of 75% quality. The spoiling speed will be modified and fine tuned in the future to achieve the most pleasant results.
We have increased the Drying rack capacity as it was requested by the community. Salmon Rotation and position on the Drying rack and on Cooking places was fixed.
The Banana palms had one issue which was causing more different issues related to the Banana palm itself. By fixing this one issue the following problems were eliminated: not saving banana trees correctly, disappearing bananas, popping up banana palms on other islands as they originally spawned and partially hovering/buried banana palm trees.
One of the most FPS influencing issue was also fixed: When the Action bar is shown – either aiming at some object or holding some object in hand – frames won’t drop drastically to a ~20% value anymore.
01. Added: Meal Spoiling mechanic
02. Added: Spoiling for Banana Yellow
03. Added: Spoiling for Meat
04. Added: Spoiling for Seagull Egg
05. Added: Spoiling for Salmon
06. Added: Spoiling for Crab Fiddler
07. Added: Spoiling for Oyster
08. Added: Spoiling for Turtles
09. Added: Spoiling for Coconut Meal
10. Added: Spoiled Meal can’t be added to Drier
11. Added: Spoiled Meal can’t be added to Cook Place
12. Added: Spoiled Meal can be destroyed with Axe
13. Added: Spoiling state is displayed in the Inventory as green bar
14. Added: Meal is grouped in the inventory by 1/10th spoiling value steps
15. Added: Food has less effect when consumed when food quality is lower than normal
16. Added: Killed animals spawn meat with equal quality as they had when alive
01. Fixed: Action Bar doesn’t causes huge FPS drop down to 10% when key shortcuts are displayed
02. Changed: Minimal island distance in the local cluster is increased
03. Fixed: Bug in Banana trees caused banana palms not being saved, popping up on remote islands, disappearing in general as well as hovering/being buried on other islands
04. Added: Correct drying position and rotation for Salmons
05. Added: Correct cooking position and rotation for Salmons
06. Added: Drying Rack drying spots increased to 15
07. Fixed: Sea Gulls when sitting on nests are positioned higher to prevent positioned half way in on rocks
08. Fixed: Seed number is correctly displayed in ingame menus after the game was loaded
09. Fixed: Skill values of player character are correctly reset to zero when a new game is started
10. Fixed: Cooking time for newly harvested Oysters is now set correctly
We plan to add some interesting features in the near future such as: Diverse diet, Smoker, choppable banana palms, banana palm building tier, new fruit, dried fruits … Besides these new features the Animal’s AI will be still on our agenda as well as the new Sailing UI and the new Menus. We will work also on solving the new issues and we will recheck some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing of the planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.