the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 19’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on improving gameplay and fixing the most common issues.
One of the long awaited features we implemented is the possibility to rotate crafting tool blueprints before placement. Also their behaviour was improved: Tool blueprints do not collide with or push other items in the way and instead change their color to indicate placing is not possible. “Storage” items such as the BackPack, SideBag and the Crate now have woven palm sides when completed.
Another important gameplay change was made to the map system. It is not needed anymore to mark the Starting Island from the second conquered island to unlock the triangulation system. The “old” functionality was causing some confusion when players were on the second island but not able to mark another islands until starting island has been marked. Another confusing gameplay element which was removed was the functionality which automatically marked the not surfaced and not visible islands as the starting island.
The first issues we fixed were issues with the inventory: items in crates aren’t duplicated after save/load, Salmon fish information is correctly displayed and the icons of Cookable items in the inventory are correctly set based on their cook state after save/load.
Some issues with the Experience system were also solved: Survived days and Experience points are correctly set after starting a new game. It is important to mention, that the “Survived Days” are the number of real days (day/night cycles) survived – not the days the weather system skips over (based on selected “Day Forward” custom game parameter).
01. Added: Rotating crafting tool Blueprint before placement
02. Added: Rotate key hints to Actionbar when holding a crafting tool Bueprint
03. Added: Primitive Axe has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
04. Added: Primitive Hammer has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
05. Added: Primitive Knife has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
06. Added: BackPack has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
07. Added: Finalized Backpack has woven sides
08. Added: SideBag has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
09. Added: Finalized SideBag has woven sides
10. Added: ToolBelt has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
11. Added: Crate has woven sides
12. Added: Crate has now Touch/Collision Detect Blueprint
13. Changed: Crate has actualized Inventory Icon
14. Changed: It is no more needed to “mark” the starting island from the second “conquered” island to unlock the triangulation system
01. Fixed: Stored items in Crates aren’t duplicated after save/load
02. Fixed: Salmon in inventory is correctly identified and detail information is correctly displayed
03. Fixed: Salmon is not glowing at night
04. Fixed: Survived Days counter is correctly cleared when New game is started
05. Fixed: Experience Points are correctly initialized when New game is started
06. Fixed: Inventory Icons for Cookable items are set correctly after save/load
07. Fixed: ActionBar does not remain on screen when ingame Menu is opened
08. Added: Opening the Pause Menu inGame while placing a crafting blueprint correctly cancels the crafting/placing process – solves messed up interaction afterwards in new/continued game
09. Added: Opening the Pause Menu inGame while placing a building blueprint correctly cancels the bulding/placing process – solves messed up interaction afterwards in new/continued game
10. Fixed: Crates won’t be stretched when equipped/dropped multiple times
11. Fixed: BackPack has correct blueprint colors (also the belts)
12. Fixed: SideBag has correct blueprint colors (also the belts)
13. Fixed: ToolBelt has correct blueprint colors
14. Fixed: The ActionBar is turned off correctly when the game character dies
15. Fixed: The map system doesn’t automatically mark a non-surfaced (non-visible from distance) underwater island as starting island
16. Fixed: It is not possible to open the Map while swimming
We would like to announce here that this update was the last of our “regular” updates before summer vacation time comes up. More information about our Summer Schedule will be provided in a separate announcement next week. During summer we plan to continue solving the issues with higher priority – we will add less new content and instead we plan to fix as much issues as we can. The issues will be fixed in order based on community requests and on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.