the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 18′ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on Seagulls so now their AI is improved and you can hit them. There is a new Fish Trap and Salmon fish is also new. We have managed to fix some issues too.
Attacking Seagulls are easier to avoid from now on – jump to the side in the last second or go swimming to avoid attacks. Seagulls aren’t so aggressive and don’t attack always anymore – they are making “attack decisions” in only 75% of the time. Seagulls aren’t attacking when they are far away from the nest when the player is stealing the eggs. The most important addition is the possibility to hit attacking Seagulls and to be able to kill them. They are providing Meat only as of yet – in the future they will also provide some feathers. Seagulls’ world must be changed – from ‘one Seagull Flock at a time’ mode to ‘every island has its own Seagull Flocks’ mode. This will allow us to create big rocky Seagull Colony islands also 😀 Due to this we are pushing back saving Seagull positions to not implement the same thing twice.
Seafood lovers’ wishes were fulfilled: the Fish trap is finally here! The whole trap must be placed under sea level – make sure to place it carefully because of sea level increasing/lowering during the tides! It is advised to keep greater distances to not scare fish off from getting into the trap! Fish can be eaten raw or can be cooked or dried too.
We have added support for reassigning keys to Mouse Thumb buttons 2-7. The UI system and font in the ActionBar was replaced to correctly display also the non-latin characters. The texts in the Russian language are displayed correctly now. Only Raw meal can be cooked or dried from now on.
01. Added: Salmon fish object
02. Added: Fish Trap
03. Added: Seagull object
04. Added: Seagulls can be killed when attacking
05. Added: Seagulls sit down to their nests when there is an egg after game start/load
06. Added: Mouse Thumb buttons can be re-assigned
01. Changed: UI system and font in the ActionBar replaced
02. Fixed: Meat in inventory is correctly grouped based on their cooked state
03. Fixed: Eggs in inventory are correctly grouped based on their cooked state
04. Changed: Seagulls aren’t always attacking
05. Changed: Seagulls aren’t attacking when far away when the player steals the eggs
06. Changed: It is easier to avoid Seagull attacks
07. Added: Only Raw Meal can be cooked or dried
As there were many new features (Water Collector, Drying Rack, Animated Crabs and Turtles, Fish Trap, Nesting Seagulls, …) added in relatively short time we plan to work on solving the issues with higher priority – we will add less new content and instead plan to fix as much issues as we can. The issues will be fixed in order based on community requests and on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.