the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 17′ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on animal AI and to bring again more content into the game. Seagulls are now protecting their eggs and vegetation gets wet in the rain. We have managed to fix more issues also.
The most noticeable AI update for Seagulls has been implemented – They aren’t flying off in the morning when they have eggs in their nests. Player getting close will scare them off and the player can take their eggs. In such a case Seagulls begin to attack the player for some time. In the future implementation it will be possible to hit the closing up Seagull and kill it.
Seagull eggs are now cook-able and dead Crabs give meat which can then be dried on the Drying Rack. The Seagulls’ positions aren’t saved at the moment which will be added in the next update.
Turtles have now gotten younger brothers. Those are giving less meat and a smaller shell. There will be some interesting features added in future updates regarding turtle eggs. One nice added graphic feature is wet vegetation. Vegetation gets wet when it is raining and when the rain stops it will slowly dry up.
Besides those new features we have fixed some incorrect player animations and ocean wind speed is set correctly after game start. The Water collector blueprint allows to be placed when attempting to place first time now (and doesn’t stay in red state forever). ‘Wetable’ objects don’t get dry or wet when they are placed in Crates and Eggs and Bananas details are now correctly displayed in inventory.
01. Added: Seagull Eggs are cook-able but not dry-able
02. Added: Seagulls don’t fly up in the morning if there are Eggs in the nest
03. Added: Seagulls sit on eggs, get scared by the player and are returning to nests
04. Added: Seagulls are attacking the player when he is stealing eggs
05. Added: vegetation gets wet in rain and slowly dries up afterwards
06. Added: Loggerhead Turtle Young
07. Added: Dead Crab gives meat when hit
01. Fixed: Ocean Wind speed is set correctly after the game is started
02. Fixed: Player now doesn’t hold his left hand as when paddling when on land after game is loaded (when the player was paddling previously)
03. Fixed: Player is in correct swim pose after game start (not swimming in standing pose)
04. Fixed: BluePrints detect collisions correctly when placing the first time (WaterCollector doesn’t stay red)
05. Fixed: Water Collector description is displayed correctly in the Craft Screen
06. Fixed: Eggs and Bananas have correct details displayed in Inventory
07. Added: Dry sticks in Crates don’t get wet after save/load
08. Fixed: Seagulls are correctly initialized after game load and don’t begin to circle above their nesting places
We will continue to work on the Animal AI some more and plan to expand their features. We will continue to work on the reported issues and we will fix the remaining ones based on their severity. We plan to add some new gameplay elements, models and functionality as fixing issues will allow us.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.