the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 16’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding some new gameplay elements. There is a new Drying Rack and Sea Gulls have nests. We have managed to fix some more or less annoying issues as well.
The next addition to the list of craftable equipment is the Drying Rack. Conserve up to 9 different supplies or fruits at the same time. The Rack is using the same wet/dry mechanics as the other ingame elements. Drying works faster on sunny and windy days unlike at night. Protect the Rack from rain or build it directly under some roof or palms fronds.
Seagulls are now moving in on nesting rocks also. They tend to sit down on their rock for the night and leave in the morning. There are also some nests with randomly appearing eggs each day. The gulls have been given some basic AI as well which will be expanded further; for example they will be able to attack the player if he wants to steal their eggs. Seagull positions are not included in savegames at the moment but will be added with the next update.
Turtles AI was updated a little too – they are now wandering on the beach the way the Crabs do – based on the Suns altitude. Furthermore they don’t hide in their shells anymore – like real sea turtles.
Some major issues were also fixed: Axe tools won’t get stretched because of intense usage anymore and ‘wetable’ objects don’t get dry or wet when they are placed in inventory. The “paddling without legs” and “lying on the canoe” issues were also finally solved.
01. Added: Seagull Egg
02. Added: Seagull nesting place
03. Added: Seagulls land in evening and fly in the morning
04. Added: Seagulls leave eggs randomly in their nests
05. Added: Seagulls are “following” the player as he is travelling between islands
06. Added: Seagulls can be scared when they are on land
07. Added: Drying Rack
01. Fixed: Axe tools will not get deformed anymore due to intense usage
02. Fixed: Dry sticks in inventory won’t be wet after save/load
03. Changed: Turtles don’t hide in their Shells when Hit (for realistic reasons)
04. Added: Turtles now wander on the beach based on the Suns position like Crabs do
05. Fixed: “Paddling without legs” issue
06. Fixed: “Lying on the canoe” issue
07. Changed: Water Collector moved to Equipment category
08. Fixed: Campfire blueprint correctly accepts Fire Sticks and doesn’t turn them into Small Sticks
09. Fixed: Drinking water from the Water Collector correctly reduces thirst
10. Fixed: Distance Islands sometimes having bad/weird ground textures when travelling between the islands
11. Fixed: Shore Big Rocks are placed correctly on distance Islands
We will continue with general rechecking of all of the game features and will fix issues as they appear. As there are already three interactable animals for now we plan to work more on their AI to make their behaviour more interesting and challenging. There will also be some new gameplay elements, models and functionality added as fixing the remaining issues will allows us, which we’ll take care of based on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.