the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 10′ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on Map issues. Furthermore we were working on some major issues which occur when traveling between islands. Some GUI elements were updated and some new were added.
One of the most requested and still missing feature was added – it is now possible to “get on” the raft also when swimming. By pressing the “Use” key while aiming at a raft base the player will get on the raft to find him/herself standing in its center.
There were many issues regarding the Map which we could get rid of as it limited map utilization, for example: It is now possible to mark all of the visible islands. Already mapped islands’ names are always displayed correctly. The ‘disappearing campfire blueprint’ issue could finally be solved along with blueprints being correctly put in position when dragged around.
Already discovered Hint screens can now be read again in the new ‘Hints’ tab in the Journal screen. The Options screen has also been divided into tabs. Two new option elements are: “Temperature: C/F” and “Low Stamina influences Hit/Craft/Build”. The latter is on by default and when set to off very low stamina won’t interfere during hitting/crafting/building processes. In these early versions it can be useful, however will be removed in the future when systems and mechanics are balanced out well.
The two issues ‘disappearing shells’ (which occured when traveling between the islands) and ‘Palm trees re-appearing after loading’ were also taken care of.
01. Added: Ability to “Get On” the Raft from water by pressing the “Use” key
02. Changed: Canoe Log can be entered now only from near-surface when swimming and not from bigger depths
03. Added: Hints List to Journal Screen
04. Changed: ‘Options’ Screen divided into ‘GamePlay’ and ‘Controls’ sub screens
05. Added: Temperature type (C/F) option
06. Changed: Character Temperature text in Inventory renamed to “Body Temperature”
07. Added: Displaying C/F for Body Temperature in Inventory
08. Added: ‘Low Stamina influences Hit/Craft/Build’ option
01. Fixed: All of the visible islands can be marked again
02. Fixed: When paddling all of the already mapped islands’ names are displayed
03. Fixed: Aimed islands’ names ares now fully displayed (not only a part of it)
04. Fixed: Aimed islands name isn’t shown when Pause menu is open
01. Fixed: Shells don’t disappear when traveling between islands
02. Fixed: Rocks don’t re-appear after loading when they were hit but not destroyed or crafted
03. Fixed: Palm trees don’t occasionally re-appear after loading
04. Tweaked: Rudder handle is made a little longer
05. Fixed: Blueprints are shown in their correct position when dragged
06. Fixed: Campfire blueprint isn’t occasionally pushed underground or disappearing sometimes
07. Fixed: Removed ‘Sleep’ status text when aiming at Beds
We will continue with extensive testing on the Raft system and also try to fix as many of those issues as possible. Besides the raft system fixes we are also focusing on some major issues which occuring when traveling between islands. We plan to rework the raft floating system a little to allow more realistic and stable movement to finally create a simpler UI for sailing.
There will be also added some new gameplay elements, models and functionality as the fixing of the remaining Raft/traveling issues will allow us which we’ll fix based on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.