the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 09’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on the Raft issues. We also began to work on some major issues which occur when traveling between islands. The Sleep system was finalized and its functionality was a little more expanded.
During sleep the time needed to be fully recovered depends also on the newly added ‘(Bed) Convenience’ value which is shown in the Sleep screen. The actual/old ‘Simple bed’ was renamed to ‘Primitive bed’ and has the quality of 100. Along with this we added two new beds: A ‘Simple bed’ (quality of 80) and a ‘Simple Frond Bed’ (quality of 120). The ‘Sleep until SunSet’ and the ‘Sleep until SunRise’ buttons are now fully available as their functionality is implemented.
We have added “I am exhausted” notifications for some actions when the stamina is totally low to inform the players why the desired action is delayed or not executed at all.
We also fixed objects disappearing on other islands. The neverending rain issue was solved as well. A Couple of very hardly reproducable issues with some rafts breaking apart could be taken care of successfully thanks to very intensive help from our community!
01. Added: New Simple Bed
02. Added: New Simple Frond Bed
03. Added: “(Bed) Convenience” text in SleepScreen
04. Added: (Bed) Convenience influences how fast the player will be fully recovered
05. Added: Functionality for ‘Sleep until SunRise’ button
06. Added: Functionality for ‘Sleep until SunSet’ button
07. Added: Notification ‘I am exhausted’ due to low stamina when Jumping
08. Added: Notification ‘I am exhausted’ due to low stamina when Hitting
09. Added: Notification ‘I am exhausted’ due to low stamina when Crafting
01. Fixed: Ramp blueprint doesn’t make the raft jump after save
02. Fixed: Finalized Ramp doesn’t make the ramp jump
03. Fixed: SailMast doesn’t collide with the player and doesn’t make the raft gain unwanted movement
04. Fixed: Some rafts don’t break apart after loading
01. Info: Old Simple Bed renamed to Primitive Bed
02. Tweak: Default TimeFlow value changed to 1 hour (was 30 min)
03. Added: Set Clear Sky (No Rain) when exiting from a game where it actually rains
04. Added: Set Clear Sky (No Rain) when regenerating a seed in Main menu from a game where it actually rains
05. Added: Set Clear Sky (No Rain) when regenerating a seed after death from a game where it actually rains
06. Added: Set Clear Sky (No Rain) when Custom Game Start from a game where it actually rains
07. Fixed: No yawning when underwater
08. Fixed: No Microsleep when swimming
09. Fixed: Player correctly detects camp fires in close range (gains heat from them)
10. Fixed: Small Campfire (not burned down) doesn’t disappear when extinguished
11. Fixed: Dropped objects on other islands don’t disappear after save/load
12. Fixed: Spawned objects (coconut husks, coconut fiber, …) on other islands don’t disappear after save/load
13. Fixed: Crafted objects on other islands don’t disappear after save/load
14. Added: Cooking percentage of cooked meal shown during cooking process
As the Raft system still has some major issues we will continue with extensive testing and we will try to fix as many of those issues as possible. Besides the raft system fixes we will also work on some major issues which occur when traveling between islands. We plan to check the Map functionality for issues too.
Later we’ll add some new gameplay elements, models and functionality as far as fixing the remaining Raft/Map issues allows us to based on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.