the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 05’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on the save system for interactable objects placed on rafts in save data. As we have solved some of the major Save/Inventory issues in our Alpha 04.h1 we bring more fixes for gameplay breaking issues. The newly added Options screen allows changing some of the base parameters regarding user interface and mouse input system.
We have also added base functionality for the “Item dismantle/destroy” feature. Dismantling blueprints gives back all of the ingredients inserted so far. Completed buildings and objects can be destroyed by continually hitting them with an Axe. These objects do not give back ingredients yet in this early implementation.
01. Added: Save for interactable objects placed on rafts
02. Added: Simple Options screen with mouse input settings
03. Added: Dismantling blueprints gives back all of the ingredients inserted so far
04. Added: Completed buildings and objects can be destroyed by continually hitting them with an Axe
01. Fixed: Items aren’t duplicated after save/load anymore
02. Fixed: Items aren’t disappearing after save/load anymore
03. Fixed: Drag&Drop on items after save/load doesn’t break Inventory functionality anymore
04. Fixed: Moving an item from the Hand slot to another slot doesn’t break the Inventory functionality
05. Fixed: Moving an item from the Hand slot to a Crate doesn’t make crate items disappear
06. Fixed: Internal code fixes to eliminate some of the ‘Save breaking’ issues
01. Fixed: CampFire placement is correct after Save/Load
02. Added: When CampFires with no small rocks added around it burns down the empty campfire disappears
03. Added: When the player gets back all of the small rocks from an already burnt down campfire the campfire disappears
We will continue to work on finalizing the functionality for the mechanic to dismantle/destroy already built objects and get some of the ingredients back. The amount of ingredients will depend on the players Dismantle skill. The next additional feature we plan to implement is to be able to reassign keys. Besides that we’ll also keep an eye out for Inventory/Weight/Save system/Raft Attach/Detach issues which will be fixed based on their severity.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.